17 August 2008

pioggia

JUNE 14, 2007 entry taken from my previous blog

It was the kind of day that makes you wanna neglect all responsibilites, hit the park, and just gaze into the sky.

I find myself doing that alot. No, not skipping work, but wanting to just take off. Luckily, my office has a very nice, tranquil spot away from all the huh-bub. You can always find me here, listening to my iPod and enjoying the nature around.

Friday was one of those days; an absolutely beautiful day...except for the humidity. The sun was shining one minute and then it became gray and dark. I heard one of my coworkers mention that there was rain coming in from the north, but I didn't think it would hit Austin that soon. I noticed some droplets fall next to me, but decided to stick around and enjoy the relief from the heat.

In just a blink of an eye, the clouds parted once more and the sun popped out. I looked up into the sky and could see the droplets of water floating down to meet me. I'd never seen this before; either it's raining too hard or I just never cared to notice. Each drop seemed to have a partner as it fell from the sky and they danced, too. They twirled around, swayed back and forth; very beautifully orchestrated. The slightest breeze simply threw the pairs off course. It was breathtaking and made me appreciate what an amazing thing Mother Nature is and yet so simple.

It was a brief moment, but all seemed to be right in the world.

1 comment:

Sukadana Atmaja said...

your blog is good...
please visit my blog to see the last paradise on the world...