17 August 2008

l'amore cos'è?

JANUARY 31, 2007 entry taken from my previous blog

The other night I was flippin' through channels and came across The Hills on MTV. This show is a spin off of Laguna Beach w/ the original character LC. Now, I have to admit that sometimes I get caught up in their drama. Why? Becos it's made for TV and it's my guilty pleasure. (along w/ I ? New York) Anyway, there was a scene where this guy takes LC to his condo and they're out on his balcony and he simply whispers,
"There's nowhere in the world that I'd rather be than right here with you."
There was a part of me that thought "Awwww, how sweet." While the other part of me thought "That's such bullshit, do guys really think like this? or is he just saying it becos the cameras are on?" So it got me to thinking...

"What is Love?"

I want to know. It should be a simple answer, right? Why does it make one so crazy? What is it about another person that makes us all googly-eyed and seem like we're floating on air? Have you ever been so caught up in someone that you lose track of who you are? That can't be healthy, right? And why is it that we always want what we can't have? Or why we want different things at the same time? Why? Why is it that musicians write these beautiful love songs and give us false hope of believing that such a Love exists? For example, Edwin McCain's I Could Not Ask For More or Daniel Beddingfield's If You're Not the One. I mean there are different levels of Love. But which one is right for me?

I used to think that I wanted a Love where I knew I couldn't live without that person. Somehow, that would let me know that he was right for me. But the more I think about it now, the more it scares me to think that if this one person isn't in my life…then life isn't worth living? That can't be right. Does my life have less value if the person I can't live without isn't there? Obviously, life feels great/better with that person around.

No comments: