16 August 2008

la tomba sbagliata


AUGUST 1, 2005 entry taken from my previous blog

So check it...Nani called the 26 of July, apparently she needed to speak with me about Grandpa. That's means one of two things: our dad or our grandfather. It makes it easier on my nieces if we just refer to our dad as Grandpa. So obviously I immediately was on edge. She then corrected herself and said she had some news about our grandfather.

What more could happen? I mean the man is six feet under.

Apparently, my aunt and cousin decided to visit Grandpa's grave to make sure the crazy rains hadn't washed away too much of the topsoil. Low and behold, in the midst of touching up the site, my aunt noticed some plastic sticking up out of the grave. It was too heavy to move by herself and in unearthing the object, they soon discovered a dead body; not Grandpa.

Turns out the body was one Mr. Christopher Valdivia from San Antonio, TX. The 64 year-old had been suffocated by his wife and son. They wrapped him up in plastic and buried him in the freshest grave in Hondo (about 30 min west of SA). But it gets better, they had kidnapped some lady and were holding her against her will!

Of course my family is shocked and angry. I just can't help but thinking that had it not been for the Texas rain that we were so desperate for, no one would have been the wiser.

If you'd like you can check out the stories on the San Antonio Express News website. Here is the link:


Photo taken by J. Wilson of Hondo Anvil Herald

No comments: