17 August 2008

l'apocalisse

OCTOBER 25, 2006 entry taken from my previous blog

I had left the house w/ intentions of getting the mail before my folks had awakened. It's early morning and the sun still hasn't come up yet. I'm jogging down Lavaca St and can see my breath materializing in front of me. As I near the lake, I notice a big group of college kids gathered outside a movies/special effects office. The bldg has a platform just outside the entrance which is composed of tall windows. That is where most of the kids are standing. There is also a blue van w/ the back doors open wide. The kids are arguing about who gets to "hide" inside the office. Apparently the kids on the platform have already staked out their territory and have no room available for the new kids. At that moment, a series of cars come racing by and turn down 1st Street towards IH 35. You can feel it coming, but you don't know what it is. It's something that strikes fear in everyone and you feel compelled to hide.

My name is Molly and one of the kids calls me over.
"If you want, you can come inside Molly. You too Brett. We saved a spot." I still haven't made it to the Post Office, but something tells me it's not important anymore. In the mix of things, I remember I never said goodbye to my folks. After all, I should've been back home by now.

"I'm sorry, we don't have anymore room," is what I hear one kid tell the group near the van. "But I have some pain pills if you need them....that's all I can offer ya'll." At that point a massive group of beings is seen heading in our direction. I can see my phone ringing and it's Dad. I play calm and tell him I’ll be home soon. "I can't talk right now, but I'll call you later. Love you."

At this point I've made my way inside with the others and have settled into a little nook under a sewing machine. It's an open room w/ sewing machines and movie props scattered everywhere. My spot is located along the southern wall closest to the lake with a window right next to me; I can see something staring at me. I don't think it can see me, so I slowly put down my phone and make sure the LCD screen is faced down as not to blink. I close my eyes and pray for a miracle, but they're here.

You can hear the terror in some of my friend's voices. They're being taken away and the most frightening thing is we don't know where. In fact, the not knowing is strong enough to drive a person insane. I can feel a being standing right over me. He says, "Look at all these heads, should we take one?" The other doesn't answer, but they decide to take a head anyway. I feel its hand hovering over my face and it quickly chooses the head to my left. I was lucky enough to have covered my torso w/ many objects that my head looked like one the props in the shop. One more prop head to the right and it would have found me.

I escape but I soon find out that this journey is just beginning. I'm lucky to have not been taken and yet I still find no comfort in this. As I make my way out of the office, I scan my surroundings looking for others. I'm alone and the quietness of the early morning, the stillness of the streets, makes me realize this is how it will end...

_________________________________________

I dreamt this the Sunday night I got back from Houston (22 Oct 2006). I had just gotten back from visiting Dre and this was also the day we had gone to NASA. The dream was rather long and this was the most intense scene of the whole sequence of events. I just had to get this down in writing so that I wouldn't forget. I'm pretty excited about it, but it may sound silly to you.

OK...Rewind for just a minute...Saturday evening we were sitting around watching TV before going out and we started chatting about our most frightening nightmares. I had mentioned to Dre that my most terrifying dreams always involve military takeover and seeing my family killed right in front of me. Turns out that Dre's nightmares also involve military take over.

So Fast-forward back to NASA...Well, once we were finished taking the tour, our tram cart stopped in front of 2 space shuttles. Being the flutter bug I am, I jumped off the cart and failed to listen to the guide over the intercom. Apparently, this was a "brief stop and should you decide to get off, you will need to catch a ride on the next tram in 15 mins." Dre seemed a little peeved about this being that it was cold and now we were stuck. Fortunately for us, we weren't the only idiots who had decided to jump off and explore this pit stop. Seems like our whole group was just as eager.

15 mins have come and gone and we're sitting on a bench huddled together for warmth. At this same time, the rest of our group is ever so excited about the jets turning flips and zipping through the sky. Yes, I'm amused as well, but people seem to be going out of their way to catch a glimpse of these jets. Then in the back of my mind I start to wonder, what if these were enemy planes and what would it be like to see them start picking off people? At that point I turn to Dre and bring up the whole "end-of-the-world" scenario. We start looking at our surroundings and plan out where to hide, what to do for food, and when it got right down to it Dre busted out w/ a "fend for yourself" rule. I couldn't help but think, "That's FUCKED up!" That's why I've decided to present this scenario when meeting new people. After all, I need someone reliable to get me through the Apocalypse.

No comments: