13 April 2012

il Signor Buco

Found this little guy in the kitchen and he looked beat. It seems as though either Petrarca or Gizmo had gotten to him. I picked him up and decided to take him to my desk and look up what kind of caterpillar he was. I got terribly distracted and 2 hours later the little guy was gone! Petrarca had jumped up onto the desk and that's when I noticed he was no longer there. I looked behind the desk, around my books, behind the computer, under the rug, under the chair. He was nowhere to be found!


 Then there he was - scootin' his butt across the foyer floor.

So I gathered him up after taking a couple of pix and finished my caterpillar investigation. Turns out he's an Alypia octomaculata aka the Eight Spotted Forester moth. Since he's not harmful to our area I set him free in my flower bed in the front yard. Otherwise, I would have flushed him down the toilet.

No comments: