06 November 2011

infastidita

*jaw tight, through my teeth
When my kid is throwing up, I don't want you to sit on the couch and watch her.  You need to go to her and let her know you're there for her.  When her tummy gets upset, her stomach or diaphragm starts to heave and her whole body starts to make the same motion.  It takes some coaxing to get her off the carpet and to the kitchen, but this morning she went there on her own.  She's such a good girl. 

All I remember hearing was, "Oh, Bear!" and you stayed on the couch.  I ran from my study and got her better situated in the kitchen.  I rubbed her back, waited patiently for her to puke and then studied it to make sure it's wasn't anything serious.  Meanwhile, you're still on the couch.

Once it's all over, I had to fend off the other 2 becos they're so curious about this putrid substance. Finally, you come over after pausing your show, get a bowl of water and napkins for the mess.
***
Maybe it's a mom thing.  I remember getting bloody noses and my mom taking care of me.  I remember having an upset tummy, and my mom rubbing my back and getting me water.  Just sitting next to me by the toilet. When I see this happen to my furkids, I feel like crying becos I can't do anything to stop it.  Yes, I'm grossed out by it all, but I suck it up for these kids.

As an adult, I've rarely  had an occasion where I got completely shit-faced and wound up puking my guts out.  Two.  TWO times and I'm a lousy up-chucker. For some odd reason I find myself yelling as I'm up-chucking.  Not on purpose, but my vocal chords are somewhat vocal when I vomit.  Now, my bouts with food poisoning...well that's a different story.

When I'm throwing up, please, please, please, just be there.  I'm a crier.  Rub my back.  Get me water.  Hold my hair. Human touch is comforting.  Don't stand outside the door.  Don't ask if I'm okay.  If I was okay I wouldn't be ear-deep in a toilet bowl. Don't continue sleeping.  Just be there.

No comments: