16 January 2012

aspirazioni

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth - not going all the way and not starting.
 -Buddha

One of my sorority sisters posted this quote on Facebook at the beginning of the month.  When I first read it I felt like crying. The thoughts and emotions it sparked were exhilarating. It was a moment of clarity and I hope to live it by the end of this year.  I'm so grateful to Anna O. for posting this becos it felt like a sign that was meant for me.

Step 1
I started looking at graduate school and pre-reqs today. It always seemed so unattainable and I was discouraged from looking.  Now I'm wondering why I hadn't done it sooner? It's easier than the mountain I had made it out to be.

Step 2
I began the application to register for the Foreign Services exam.  I don't think I'm quite ready for the February 2012 test date, but I plan on registering for the June exam.

baby steps.

*update 1/18/12
I wasn't able to say this in person today, but the enthusiasm you had for my snaillike blossoming progress is much appreciated.  The reason being becos when I mentioned grad school to Maund his response was "You need to grow up." No exclamation, non-advisory, but more like a stop-fucking-around connotation.  When I mentioned the idea and Maund's response to some Trans, Lil Z was floored and said she was surprised at his remark being that this could greatly benefit my career and our standard of living.  That's what I thought, and I felt like a kid being scolded for wanting more or something better than what I have now.
So, thank you. Thanks for being my motivation.

No comments: