29 August 2011

l'apocalisse II

It appears that we’re on a bus and the person in charge of the tour group asks me to help him out.  I’m with my dad, who looks tired, so I ask him to sit down and rest.  There’s a black family that was sitting in the middle of the bus, but they all seem to pass out and I attempt to get them moved.  This bus is parked directly facing the front of a nice hotel on a main street, and next to a cheaper building.

Inside the cheaper building, the group I’m with has a whole floor and I assume we’re closer to the top of this building.  High enough to need an elevator.  The person in charge asks me to start handing out 2 forms.  One is agenda of the tour, the other is a map.  I hand them all out and I see that there are rooms that young adults are going in.  These are their dorm rooms. I had been placing the forms in their rooms.  I knock on one door and the guy takes the forms from me.  I walk down the hall and a group of 3 girls are walking in to their room.  I tell them, “Hey, we just caught wind that someone is planning on bombing the ------- Hotel across the street later, so we need to evacuate.”  I hand them the forms I was passing out and say, “If you’re gonna take a shower, make sure you hurry up becos we’re leaving soon!”  I could see that they were really sweaty, like one would be after a workout.  The next door I move on to is slightly ajar and when I open it, there’s another door behind it.  I thought it was a fake door and someone yells out, “That’s the vampire’s room. Just knock to see if he’s there.”  I knock and hear him yell back in a kind, jovial voice, “Hold on a minute,” and this tall brunette appears.  He invites me in and I repeat that we’re needing to evacuate becos of the supposed bombing.  I go to hand him a form, but I realize I’ve run out. He politely refuses and asks, “How do we know it’s true?  And do you think it’s really gonna reach us? We’re on the other side of the street.”  Suddenly, the room begins to tremble and I can see that we’re slowly moving downwards, but the room is still intact.  My instinct is to try to get out through the door, but it’s too late. I turn around to vampire boy and there’s a hole where he was standing.  I call out to him and hear that he’s still arguing on whether or not it’s necessary to evacuate!  After awhile I can’t hear him anymore.  The room starts to rotate and it’s a scene straight out of Wipeout!  I steady myself between three walls as the room rotates vertically, these walls are similar to dry wall and not so harsh.  The room finally stops rotating but I’ve lost 2 walls.  The ceiling and floor sandwich me in and I tell myself that I need to stay near an opening or brace/wedge myself between the two walls in a way that will not break my bones or cause me too much pain.  I can now see that I’m sinking past all these other levels until I stop again.  It’s a brightly lit room with plastic/iron school chairs stacked, like a storage room.  It’s white and I see an opportunity to get out.  I hesitate thinking it’s not the right floor to get out on, but I notice that the room is still sinking and there’s water starting to pool.  I rush to get out and the floor keeps on sinking.  I realize I would have drowned.  


I look up and the wall between the storage room and this warehouse area has been knocked down but there’s an opening to the building, kinda like a loading dock.  The floor is filling up with water so I high tail it out of there and that’s when I remember that earlier I had stepped on something harsh that hurt my foot.  Nothing bad, but definitely annoying.  As I’m stumbling through the water trying to get out there are random shoes.  I find a not so wet area and start trying out shoes.  The first one was too small.  The last vision I had was knelt down trying on shoes on my right foot, tying the laces and looking up at the arched doorway leading to the outside with the daylight waiting for me.  It was bittersweet to know I had survived.  I had survived.  And yet I was frightened to walk into that light becos I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I was afraid.  And there was an eeriness that it might be the beginning of the Apocalypse.

Earlier in the dream, my husband and I are looking for properties.  I remember meeting a 20-something blonde guy at a hotel bar who promised to show us his father’s property.  When pulling up to the house you see a large 2-story home on a corner lot.  From the outside he shows us where the master bedroom is located and it’s gorgeous balcony.  The floor level has 2 bedrooms next to each other, but they each are 2 story and have access to their own balconies.  To the right of the house is a small driveway and a 2 car garage, and to the left of the house, under the master bedroom there’s a great deck painted brown.  I start to sand the deck and notice that the wood grain is absolutely beautiful.  There’s a camera crew filming a woman talking about how she had seen the house before, but didn’t think it was so great becos of a $30,000 price difference “but I’ll keep it on my maybe list.”  The show was Property Virgins or My First Place on HGTV.  I say to the guy showing us around, “You must have had some awesome family get-togethers out here!”  He looks at me and gives me a half grin.  He then walks us around the back of the house into a mudroom, which opens up to a galley style kitchen and breakfast nook.  We’re then greeted by his dad who is cooking up lunch and 3 excited dogs.  As we venture further into the house we see that the breakfast nook opens up to the living room.  It’s gorgeous and I get a feeling that we’re putting in an offer. 

The guy showing us around looks exactly like Alex Pettyfer from the movie BeastlyHe seems very detached, quiet, with a nothing-to-lose attitude. We make small talk with him, but I don’t remember what it was about.  But in a sequence of flashes I see him at the top of a building doing a swan dive, with the building behind him bursting into puffs of gray, yellow, and orange.  As he’s falling I can see that the building is a hotel that I’m familiar with. 
_________________________________________

I dreamt this on August 14, 2011.  I can’t remember what happened in between the house scene and the bus scene, but like so many other dreams, it felt somewhat real.  It must have been set in a larger city with large apartment-type buildings like NYC or Chicago.  I also had an overwhelming urge to cry when I woke up, but I fought back the impulse.

No comments: