22 September 2010

tanti auguri a me

Wednesday, August 4 - A faint positive…could my eyes be deceiving me?  I had taken a test on Saturday before Smalls’ birthday outing and it was completely negative.  I wanted to play it safe so I opted to be the DD for that evening.  And now, on my birthday, the one gift that I’ve hoped for over a year.  I showed Maund and he didn’t believe it all.  He asked me what I thought and I said, “I’ve called this positive before for women coming to the office.”  Maund was shocked and said, “Damn, that’s hardcore!” 
At Rain with the trannies.

I got ready for work and prepared for a day full of surprises.  I was showered with some of the best gifts I could fathom.  Dr. Pepper, a ginormous, floating mug, flowers, cupcakes…the works!  All in all, I made out like a bandit at work. 

That evening we gathered with my best friends (sans 3 important people) at Uchi.  We feasted on sushi, laughed about our college indiscretions, and I shared some thoughts of their importance in my life.  The evening came to a close and so began a much needed mini vacation.  I was in need of break and some time to clear my head.

I was fortunate enough to have visited with some sorority sisters that Friday.  We enjoyed a day at Barton Springs, followed by dinner at Nuevo Leon.  It was fun to dine with sisters and just looked around the table to see Alpha, Beta, and Gamma class.  I had fun catching up with such wonderful women.

That Sunday was the day of my Birthday Tubing Extravaganza 2010.  Many of my close friends and coworkers braved the trip to Canyon Lake to float the Guadalupe.  And through this little trip, it was nice to see everyone just kick and unwind.  We’re always wound so tight at work, it felt good to let loose.  And if you’ve never floated the Guadalupe, I would highly recommend it!  The twists and turns and rapids make for a most excellent adventure…in our experience, the best Birthday Tubing Extravaganza thus far.  Well, the only one, thus far. ;)

No comments: